While your sleep quality can depend on many aspects, your choice of mattress is often the deciding factor. If your mattress is too soft or too firm, it doesn’t matter how much money you’ve spent on it. You aren’t going to get a good night’s sleep.
Choosing the perfect mattress firmness is complicated but possible.
At Unlimited Comfort, we’ve helped hundreds of unhappy sleepers regain their energy.
Whether you’re in the market for a firm or a soft mattress, we handcraft all our mattresses in our Sarasota showroom, offering a Lifetime Comfort Guarantee.
If you are looking for an ideal, come take a look at what we have to offer in our showroom.
Let’s take a closer look at choosing the firmest or softest mattress for your needs.
When Would You Use a Soft Mattress?
Before we explore the benefits of soft mattresses, it’s worth mentioning that mattress softness isn’t black and white. There are many different levels of firmness that you can explore.
A soft mattress can be a wonderful choice for people who are looking for ultimate comfort and pressure relief. It could be great for:
- Relieving joint and back pain – a soft mattress can provide the necessary cushioning and gentle support to alleviate pain. The plush surface contours your body and reduces pressure on the sensitive areas.
- Side sleepers – if you are a side sleeper, you experience extra pressure on your shoulders and hips due to the uneven distribution of body weight. In this position, a soft mattress cushions these areas and supports proper spinal alignment.
- Cozy or Snug Sleepers – if you love sinking into a cloud-like embrace, a soft mattress can provide that luxurious sensation. Soft mattresses are known for their plushness, warmth, and comfort.
The softest mattresses are also great for couples because they don’t transfer motion as well as their firm counterparts do. It means that when one person moves during the night, they are less likely to disturb their partner.
When Would You Use a Firm Mattress?
Firm mattresses are renowned for their support. If you’ve considered picking a more firm mattress over a softer mattress, here are some of the benefits they offer:
- Back and stomach sleepers – if you usually sleep on your back or stomach, a firm mattress provides the necessary support to ensure comfort. It helps distribute your body weight evenly and keeps the midsection from sinking.
- Promoting Spinal Alignment – a firm mattress helps keep your spine in a neutral position, reducing the risk of discomfort and ensuring a restful sleep.
- Snoring – a firm surface can help alleviate sleep apnea and snoring issues by preventing your body from sinking into the mattress and keeping your airways open.
A firm mattress usually does a great job promoting proper spinal alignment. This can prevent aches and pains when you wake up.
Should You Get a Firm Mattress or a Soft Mattress?
Choosing the ideal mattress firmness can be a challenging task. When making a decision, you need to consider:
- The position you sleep in
- Whether you suffer from back, neck, or joint pain
- Body type
- Anyone who you might share a bed with
Before making the final choice, we can help you test the different types of mattresses at different levels of firmness.
If you’re looking for something to accommodate both your and your partner’s needs, ask us about our split mattresses, which are perfect for couples with different mattress needs.
One of our mattress consultants can help you find the perfect balance of firmness and softness that will contribute to your optimal sleep experience.
Unlimited Comfort for Any Sleeper
Mattress firmness is a highly debated factor. That’s why, at Unlimited Comfort, we have a wide selection of the firmest and softest mattresses, as well as everything in between.
You can take your time testing mattresses in our Sarasota showroom while getting a professional consultation from our mattress experts.
We stand behind our handcrafted mattresses, whether it’s for your home, RV, or boat. That’s why we offer our Unlimited Comfort Guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your mattress, we will personally come to your home and make any adjustments to your mattress.To learn more about choosing your perfect mattress, please get in touch with us at any time.
Image Credit: Maridav/Shutterstock